Wednesday, May 21, 2008

I Am A Mother

So you know how you always hear stories from mothers about the time all the kids were sick at the same time and or they have these tales of how hard motherhood. I have not had a ton of those stories. I have had a hard year of health issues....my back was out for four months. That all seemed like nothing compared to what we went through today. Delana and I have been fighting a cold for the last four days, nothing major. Scott worked late last night and when he got home at 11pm Delana heard him come in and woke up. So it took me a few hours to get her wound down and back to bed. Just as I got her down, Maelee came into my bed crying about a toothache. So I was up until 3am with her. And my work day begins at 6am when some kids I tend to come. I actually should not complain about that because Scott let them in this morning and let me sleep. The kids are good about going right back to sleep when they come that early. So we all got a little bit more sleep. I decided to keep Maelee home from school so I could try to get her to the dentist. I knew that there was no way that she could go to school in that much pain. So I dropped my other kids off at school and then started getting ready to get Maelee to the dentist when I noticed Delana looked like she had a golf ball coming out of the side of her neck......What was I supposed to do? Rush Delana to the ER or take Maelee to the dentist. Both of them sick and in pain. So I decided to rush Delana to the ER since I had no idea what that golf ball thing was. So we spent 5 hours at the ER. I had given Maelee some Tylenol but forgot to take it with us and it wore off the last 2 hours at the ER.....The Dr's all thought Maelee was the patient because of her crying until I pointed to Delana and their jaw would drop at the site of her golf ball. It ended up just being her gland swollen from her cold. So we got our medicine and then rushed off to the dentist just to find out that Maelee needs a root canal. They did not have time to do it yet, so we will go back next week. In the meantime she will stay on antibiotics and Tylenol. So the kids will line up for their meds.

So now I have one of those Mother days to always talk about. I can hear myself sharing this story when I am 70 sitting at a baby shower when all the mothers are sharing stories about the joys of motherhood. Atleast I hope this is the only story I will have to tell. I know some mothers have had worse days. And if this is the worst it will get, I will take it!

PS...I did try to take a picture of Delana's golf ball because I knew no one would believe me. But my camera did not have its memory card in it. Scott gave me a hard time for trying to take a picture. He said a normal mother would have just rushed out the door without trying to take a picture. I said a bad mother would have tried hunting down the memory card to get the picture. At least I did not spend the time hunting for the card.....so I am not that bad!!!

0 comments: