Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day











"This is the best day ever!!!" is what Maelee said today as we were out on a family outing. I have to agree, it was one of the best days ever for our family. We do not get a lot of time with daddy. He works so hard for us but this makes us so lonely without him. He works a second job at a catering company. Normally he only works there on Saturday nights. But he has been picking up extra shifts, two or three extra evenings a week. He goes to his normal job at the Commandant's house at 6am until 4pm then he leaves and heads off to the catering company and stumbles in some time before midnight. He leaves and gets home when the girls are asleep. So we have missed him very much.....so we planned to spend all day Monday playing together.

We headed out on a family outing and went bowling at one of the Army Bases. It is one of my favorite bowling alleys because it has these really awesome couches at the lanes, rather than chairs. The game started out great....I started with a strike, followed by a spare. I think Scott started out with a gutter ball. We were so empressed with the bowling alley because of its bumpers in the gutters. We knew we would have to play with bumpers because of Maelee. But this bowling alley has a cool thing that the lane knew to only put the bumpers up when it was Maelee's and Delana's turn...how cool is that!!! So I was winning and then about 5 frames in I lost my grove and Scott ended up winning, Even Maelee beat me. Delana was even having a great time until we ordered some food. Once the food came she did not want to bowl anymore...she just wanted to eat. Actually now that I think about it, I think when the food came out is when I lost my zone and started losing. Delana and I are so much alike! We would rather be eating than doing anything else. Here are some pics of our fun day out. The best day ever!

0 comments: