Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Very Valuable Gift




God grants us many gifts in life and the greatest gift he gives us outside of the family is friendship. I have a very special friend. That friend is a gift herself, but that friend sent me a gift in the mail today. I want to publicly thank her. My old friend Maranda (or what I used to call her in high school was Marz) sent me a package. Wait, first I need to back up in the story....I went out to AZ in March. We all met at the park for a little bday party for my Maelee. Maranda brought her very cute son Ryker. Maranda and I share a love of photography. I was sad on the first day of my vacation when Delana dropped my camera. I thought "how in the world am I going to make it through the week without my camera." So before Maelee's party I went to the store and bought a Canon Digital Rebel, a camera I had been wanting for a long time. So I told Maranda at the party about my new purchase. She told me to take the camera back because she was wanting to get rid of her canon rebel because she had just upgraded to a better bigger camera because she just started her own photography company . So I took my camera I just bought back to the store and practically stole the camera from Maranda because she would not let me pay her much for it. I have been so blessed to have such a wonderful camera. Oh and by the way, the camera she sold me (allow me to steal) is a better model than the one I bought. I love that camera! I have been shopping around for a new lens. Maranda was giving me hints on what kind of lens to buy. Then it came to the point that I really needed one because Maelee dropped my camera and broke my lens. I pulled out my old lens from my rebel 35mm....it has kind of been working...

Now back to today. Today I pulled up and I had a package on my doorstep. I saw it was from Maranda. She told me that she sent me a package last week. I was not sure what was in it..we have both been shopping around for TuTu's so I thought maybe it was a tutu or some fun photo prop. I was not prepared for what was in the box. It was a camera LENS. I could not believe it. She sent me a 85 Prime lens. WOW!!! After I was done crying I played around with it and took pics of the kids.....what an amazing gift. Thank you Maranda!

0 comments: