Friday, July 4, 2008

Old Friends are the Best Kinds of Friends



Those Pics Above are from 2004 and the ones below are 2008







The week we moved into our house in VA there was a sweet single mother that moved in right next to us in that same week. Her name is Mindy and she had a cute three year old daughter named Taylor. We were there about a week before Mindy asked me if I would be interested in caring for Taylor during the day while she worked (she is one of the best hair stylists). I said sure. So that is how I became the daycare lady of the neighborhood. Mindy and I became good friends, like family, and Taylor and Malee became best of friends!!! They moved in Oct 06, the same week Delana was born. She moved only 45 minutes away, but here in VA that seems so far. But We have only seen eachother twice since they moved.....not enough. Taylor called a few weeks ago and invited us over. We were so excited to see Taylor. I have missed her. It was very oddly a cold day....very strange for summer so the girls could not go swimming. Instead Mindy did Manicures and Pedicures for the girls. Taylor did not get one....she was not excited at all about doing nails....she is a huge TOMBOY. Even on our way there in the car Maelee asked if Taylor was boy. I asked her why she would say that. She said, "because she does not like to wear dresses and she loves the Power Rangers." I then explained to Maelee what a tomboy is. Anyways, we had a great day. I love Taylor so much and I have missed her and Mindy. My hair has also missed Mindy very much. I wanted to share some pics of Maelee and Taylor.

0 comments: