Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Back To School






Maelee left for first grade today. She was very anxious and prepared. For some reason I have this uneasy feeling like I did not send her prepared. But she does have her lunch and I guess as long as she has lunch she is prepared. She was ready to go and would not let me walk her to the bus. I just walked to one corner and watched her run off. She thinks she is so old. She is really excited because she is in first grade and first graders don't have to have an adult at the corner to pick them up from the bus stop. But she is going to be sad when she sees me at the corner after school because Tuesdays and Wednesdays I am picking up our neighbor at the bus who is a kindergartner....I forgot to warn her. I can hear her disappointment already. She will have the other three days of the week to be a big girl and get off the bus and walk home with her friends.

So it is just Delana and me. I miss Maelee already because she is my little helper with Delana and is very good at entertaining Delana and Delana is one of those children that needs a lot of entertaining.

Maelee's friend Kaya walked with her to school. Maelee had that same skirt on as Kaya up until the last minute and changed her mind. She was glad she changed her mind when she saw Kaya. And I know the first thing Maelee did when she got on the bus was untuck her shirt. She let me tuck it in just for the picture.


This is Lauren. She is going to kindergarten. I watched her during the day for the past three years. I can't believe how fast time grows. Her mom starting asking me to watch her when she was one. I told her mom that I had my hands full at the time and could start watching her when she was two. So she started coming to my house the week she turned two. Now here she is three years later on her way to kindergarten.

]'

1 comments:

Tina said...

First grade! The time flies...

How did it go for Maelee? She sure looks grown up and ready!