Wednesday, September 10, 2008

She's did it again....but even "BUTTER" this time




Usually Delana is still asleep while I am busy getting Maelee ready in the morning for school. This morning Delana decided to wake up early and trying to get Maelee ready was sooooo hard with Delana awake. I came out from the bathroom from brushing Maelee's hair and teeth and this is what happens when you turn your back on Delana for a second......




While cleaning up the mess a few stories came to mind. First story that came to mind while I was giving Delana a bath and trying to get the butter out of her hair was a story about my nieces Kyla and Chelsie. My niece Chelsie used to use a product on her hair that was just basically a thick wax. My niece Kyla had very very fine straight blonde hair that did not need any product but she decided at age four or sometime around there that she wanted to be like Chelsie and use her hair product. So she must have put an entire container of wax in her hair. I remember my brother bringing Kyla over to my mom's house for help. Trying to get the wax out seemed like an impossible task. I don't have a picture of this event. I doubt anyone does. The girls were probably around the ages of four and seven at the time. They are now ages 20 and 23. Where does the time go?


This is Chelsie and Kyla at about ages 14 and 11 (not sure?)



This is Chelsie and her boyfriend at her UofA college graduation this spring


This is Kyla and her dad (my brother Chuk) at our family reunion this summer.


Another story that came to mind as I was scrubbing my carpet. (I only took pics of her. You should see my carpet. I want to cry) As I was cleaning the carpet I thought of my nephew Craig. My parents still call him Log Cabin Craigy. My parents had just put in new carpet when Craig was around the age of 18 months or two years old....same terrible age as Delana. Craig took a bottle of Log Cabin syrup from the kitchen all the way into my parents bedrooom and left a trail as he went. I don't think my parents were ever fully able to get the thick syrup out of the carpet. We all still love Craigy. Who could stay mad at a cute kid like him? He used to have the cutest little curls. I think this pic below my sister had them in cute little pigtails (my sister was so desperate for a little girl. Craig is the third of five boys for my sister Charlie. She said she is glad she has all boys when she hears some of the stories I tell her about my girls)


This is Craig this last March when we visited for Spring Break

1 comments:

Tina said...

mmm...butter...

She's a cutie.