Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Instructions for Speed Scrap 11/18

We had another speed scrap tonight. We had a great time. We almost doubled in our

numbers.

The prize is the same as last week. 5 12x12 prints. Below are the entries.

1.Pick out one picture. Make the picture as big or small on your

page as you would like (remember to always leave

room for plenty of journaling)

2.Pick Two pieces of paper. Send one to the back and use as your

background paper. Make the other one slightly smaller than

your background paper and layer.

3.Pick a third piece of paper to pu

t behind your picture, using it as a mat.

4.Chose a Photo Frame to put around your picture.

5.Now time to Embellish. Find a place to put stitching on your

page.

6.Use at least three of the

following shapes: Hearts, Flowers, Diamonds, Stars. You can use

four of one, or mix it up.

7.Most importantly we must journal. Give your page a jazzy

title. And you must have at least three sentences of journaling

for your page.

8.Email me your page or pages by

the end of 2nd hour at storybookingbyyou@gmail.com











1. Amber: Fun pages by Amber. she is starting to dabble in photography and just took these fabulous pictures.
2. Dixie's great colorful pages.


3. Karen was inspired by the speed scrap to complete her Christmas Cards.


4. Another great layout by Bonnie. That looks like a fun party!


5. Joyce looks like she had a wonderful Christmas Cruise with the author of The Christmas Box. I love these ornaments.


6. Jennifer is a wonderful friend and Neighbor to the woman featured in this 12x12. Jennifer made this page for her neighbor. She is going to love it.


7. Melissa looked like she had a great trip to Disney. She shared that she had originally lost the digital copy of all of her Disney pictures when her computer crashed. Lucky for her she had printed out all of her pictures before her computer crashed (printing them cost her $300. Shortly after this experience she discovered Heritage Makers and was amazed that there was a cheaper way of printing pictures into books). She scanned all of her pictures back into digital form and is working on a Disney book.

8. Brenda made this fun page. She said she was forced to do some new things but says she is happy with her final product. I like it too

9. This page is by Hilary. I love the bright colors and cute subject.


10. Carrie made a great page about her a very cute little boy, that I am assuming is her grandson. I could be wrong. Last time I thought her son was her husband, sorry Carrie!

Check out her page by clicking here

11. Debbie was lucky enough to have taken a trip to Hawaii recently. We are lucky enough to see this page

Click here to go to Hawaii

12. Barbara made this project. I believe this is a poster. It is so beautiful. I love the bling!

Click here to see project

13. Kelly made this page while she was doing a workshop. Way to multitask! What a treat for her workshop attendees to be able to see this page being made.

Click here to see her page

I hope I did not miss anyone's page. If I missed it please let me know and I will post it. I will be announcing a winner in a little bit. Thank you everyone for participating. I had so much fun! Thank you so much for my friend and director, Lena, for being on the call to help and support me. Everyone check back to this post for registration to next weeks speed scrap.


WE HAVE A WINNER: CARRIE! CONGRATS!

3 comments:

Joyce Williams said...

Channon.... once again I learned some great things last night. I am a very slow and fussy scraper be it regular or digital and I need to get over that. I really had to push myself and that was a good thing. I hope you do this ever week as I have a lot to learn.

Anonymous said...

I will start by saying thank you for the fun we had and arranging the time to get us into action! I will continue with info about my night and an apology. I was trying to get my husband in the door, daughter's night scheduled, listen to the business webinar for my upline and use my computer to hear the directions for the speedscrap. Did you know there are separate controls for the mike and the speakers? I keep thinking I know something about my laptop and then something humbles me into realizing I have a long way to go with details. My apology is to all of you on the speedscrap bothered much by my family. Thank you for continuing and all for the great work you each did. And for finding out the way to mute my mike. You are all wonderful women!

Unknown said...

Channon- So much fun! What a bunch of great pages and projects! After you said one of the ladies (sorry I don't remember who) was doing their Christmas card I did the V8 slap on the forehead because I still need to get that done! Maybe next week if I don't get to it before! I'm working on Christmas presents this week for parents and married children. I'm anxious to get them done and printed. Thanks again for this. So much fun!