Saturday, January 31, 2009

Proof That I Love The Girl


If there was not enough proof already, Friday was proof that I love Natalie because I roughed it and drove through DC traffic to get to her. I hate driving through the city. I avoid it as much as I can. If I have to go into the city I try my hardest to take the metro around and never have to drive in the city. I did it yesterday and did it for Natalie. I got there without getting lost, but when I got there, I accidentally parked at the Children's hospital and had to hike a ways to the rehab facility. I needed the walk so no complaints!

The rehab facility she is in now is amazing. The physical therapy room is in an atrium. full of sunshine and cheeriness. She was sitting up in her wheelchair watching TV when I came in. She was watching a rerun of Home Improvement on a fuzzy station. I asked how the TV was and she said "it's crap." I had a feeling on my way out to grab two of her fav movies to watch at my house, "Walk To Remember" and "How To Deal" (both Mandy Moore greats). She climbed back into bed and we made me get my big booty into bed with her and we watched "Walk To Remember" from her mom's laptop. We did that until they came in to wheel her away to more physical therapy. Her mom and I snuck away for lunch during that time. Natalie still can't eat food. But she asked if she could go because she was hungry. I felt so bad. Her mom assured her that it was just hospital cafeteria food and that it was going to be gross. Natalie said, "I bet they have really good fries." I was so sad for her.

When we got back from lunch she was sitting in bed watching the movie. They took her to the game room during physical therapy. I asked how it was. Her reply was "lame." She said they played phase 10. I asked if she would want to play with me next time I came back. She said, "sunday." She begged for me to come back on Sunday, so I am going to go up there tomorrow. I am glad because I did not get enough time with her on Friday. I would spend each day with her if I could.

I think she is doing amazing. She is very cuddly. She is strong. I love her.

Check out her most current status and some more pictures at her site.
http://www.nataliesrecovery.com/Natlies_Recovery/Blog/Entries/2009/1/30_Pictures____.html

2 comments:

jen said...

SOOOO COOL! I am so glad Nat is doing well. I love her and still pray for her to continue to recover. She is one amazing young lady!
jen

Linsey F said...

She makes me cry and I don't even know her! It is amazing how trials and challenges are able to bring people together, even complete strangers. I hope that she knows that so many people are praying for her and thinking of her. She is going to make it!!!