Sunday, February 22, 2009

Natalie Is Home




I have not posted about Natalie in quite a while. I continued to visit her the last few weeks on Fridays. And even got in some weekend time with her because Maelee kept begging to go see her. Every week I saw tremendous improvements. She is so determined. She is so determined that she broke free of the hospital and is now home. It is crazy to think that the accident was just less than two months ago. Wo Ye Of Little Faith....I am speaking to myself when I say this. I thought she was going to be in the hospital and rehabilitation center much longer than this. But she proved foolish people like myself wrong. Her school planned to hold a benefit concert long on this last Saturday. In planning it they never imagined that she would be home in time for it. Natalie a few weeks ago got word from her dr's that she could get a special pass to come home for the day of the concert. Natalie worked hard to convince her dr's that she would be ready to be home permanently by the time of the concert....she did it. She is home!!!!

If you want to read about the concert and view a picture you can check out this link HERE I was sad that I was not able to make it. I have taken on a weekend job tending to my friends newborn. Scott was at work.

I went and visited her one last time on Friday because I wanted one last moment alone with her. She is little miss social butterfly and I knew that she would be bombarded by visitors and friends when she got home. We had a great last day. My friend Lisa, the YW president, went up with me. oh, and Delana. We went to lunch with Natalie and her mom down in the cafeteria. Natalie graduated from pureed food to "SOFT" food. Natalie's interpretation of "SOFT" food is a rack of ribs!!! She is so funny.



Welcome home Natty! I love you!

0 comments: