Monday, June 30, 2008

Blessed!

I may be broken, but it is when I am broken that I realized how blessed I am. I want to say thank you for all of the help I have received. I am counting my blessings and naming them one by one. (these are in no particular order of importance)

1. a husband that loves me, even though I am not always a fully functioning wife and mother
2. My children who make me laugh
3. Jenny Benny for taking my kids and being the one person that I could call and ask for help because her life is as crazy as mine (and her house is almost as messy as mine) and she GETS me.
4. Relief Society Pres that won't let me do this on my own....refuses to let me say no to help
5. Anne Havens for being the best compassionate service leader....she has my entire schedule down to a science and is sending someone over to help every second of the day
6. A mother that calls constantly to check up on me (she just called in the middle of writing this list.)
7. My home teachers for coming last night
8. Dave Prymak for chiropractic care
9. the meals brought in from the church.....especially desserts that made my day bright! brownies and caramel popcorn.
10. Reruns of great sitcoms to keep me company on TV
11. My laptop
12. Sylvia loaning me a power cord for my laptop because I lost mine and for tagging along to my Heritage Makers workshop on Friday
13. on that note, Heritage Makers. a fun hobby that I can do while down.
14. Lena, for the uplifting calls and for always being in more pain than I am. gives me perspective that I am not the only one in pain
15. SPOKT....my family's message board where I get to see and hear from all my family far away.
16. uplifting emails from my cousin Carol to keep me posted on her summer travels and for her desire to want to come visit.....it means so much to me.
17. Patiricia and Cynthia for cleaning my basement. Even though I can't go down there right now, I am looking forward to the day I can go hang out in my clean basement.
18. There are so many women at church that I want to thank. I have a list of people that are coming for the next two weeks to help me out....thank you to all of you ahead of time.
19. My pink cast that will help me learn and grow and become a better person.

3 comments:

The Hauser's said...

Hey you cute thing!! Sounds like you've got an awesome circle of support around you. How are you feeling anyway?? I'm so sorry that happened to you. If I can help with anything.. please let me know! And get better soon so we can go play! :o)

David and Nikki said...

Man, Channon, you are a trooper! I hope you have a speedy and complete recovery! When are you headed to AZ...maybe we could actually see eachother....FINALLY! I need some serious tutoring in the scrapbooking department!

Tina said...

Sounds like you have lots of help....that's good. Still, what a huge pain!