Thursday, June 26, 2008

Broken!


I have had such a crazy 2008!!! I was laid up for four months almost with a sore back and on Monday I broke my foot!!!!

So this is the story......Scott had the day off. We have been having a crazy weekend. You saw all of the posts about dance recital and scrapbook expo and so on. It is also summer Marine Corps parade season and wedding season for Scott's 2nd job at the catering company. Scott is rarely home and I have been crazy busy so our house has been severly suffering!!!! Scott finally had a day off. He wanted to spend the full day cleaning. I wanted to spend it playing of coarse since we never see him. We compromised and I sent him to the pool with the kids and I stayed behind to clean house. He was gone for about an hour and he called feeling a little lonely at the pool and really hungry. He called and asked if I would join them at the pool and if I would bring them some snacks. I told him that the cupboards were empty and we had nothing. He informed me that he had a secret hiding place above the stove for snacks. I quickly grabbed a chair without thinking excited about the stash. And I climbed up on the chair (that was already broken) and while I was still on the phone with him I came crashing down as I went to reach for a box of Nutter Butter Bars. I came crashing down. The dishwasher lid was open because I was in the middle of loading it. I cut my big butt on the dishwasher. Twisted my foot in the dishwasher and hit my left elbow as I came down on the Island and landed on my back. I landed on the same back that was out of commission for four months....somehow miraculously my back is just fine through all of this!!! Yay for my back. The phone went flying across the room, or so I thought, after hunting for the phone the next day we found out that it too landed in the dishwasher. I kept calling out for Scott to come home. I was not sure if he heard me or realized if I fell so I continued to cry out to my neighbors as loud as I could. So on top of all of this I have lost my voice, so don't try calling....I can't talk anyways. Scott and the girls came running in through the door. We shuffled out the kids to other people and off to the ER we went. I broke my foot in two different places. I got a cast on Wednesday.....If you know me you don't even have to wonder what color I got...PINK. I wished my sister Charlie lived closer to me. I know she would have this thing all bedazzled and bejeweled for me!!! I will still have it on when I go to AZ to visit in July....get out the jewels Charlie. This thing needs some help. So that is my broken story.....urghhh!!! What a year. My church and all my friends have stepped in to help. The Relief Society President was at the pool when Scott was on the phone with me when I fell. She heard him frantically rounding up the girls. I am in good hands. I try to look at the upside of it all.....I am going to DisneyLand in July and if I am in a wheel chair I won't have to wait in any lines!

4 comments:

Cyndi said...

That's horrible, all though a good story. If I were to break my foot, it would totatlly be because of a hidden stash of snacks! It really hasn't been the best year for you! I am glad you didn't hurt your back.
Can't wait to see the pink cast :)

specialK said...

With all of that scrapbook stuff, you have not glamored it up yourself yet?
I'm so sorry you're having a tough year!! I'm sending a great big Ferraro family hug your way!!! Sounds like you need Kota up there...she'd help out with the girls and pester Scott to teach her cake decorating.
Love you gal!!! Sure wish you would visit GA once more!

Anonymous said...

Hi there sorry about your foot I broke mine recently as well and hasn't been easy with the crutches and 2 small kids.How are you feeling?Hows your swelling?Feel free to write i don't have a blog,tippytop100@gmail.com,Dave.

Tina said...

Channon! This sounds awful. How are you feeling now?