Monday, June 23, 2008

Digital Scrapbooking Is Not A Crime!






I had the experience of being a working mother this weekend....and hats off to all working mothers! I set up a Heritage Makers booth the The Great American Scrapbook Expo. One of my friends from Utah, Trudy, flew out to help me. She brought a friend of hers, Sharon, with her. We set up on Thursday and we spent Friday and Saturday showing off our wonderful product. I was not there with them Saturday morning because of getting to be at Maelee's recital. But I did spend Saturday afternoon at the booth. After the Expo closed we went out to Downtown Old Alexandria and found a really nice Cuban restaurant to eat at. Thank you Trudy and Sharon for coming out! I could not have done it without you!

Trudy is my "Dream Buddy" In Heritage Makers, once you have reached a certain level, you are invited to the Cloward Family Cabin in the Mountains of Utah. The Clowards are family behind HM. I got to attend there what is called Dream Team. This is a three day intense life changing training. Each dreamer is given a buddy, and this is to be their buddy for life. I know that Doug put thought and prayer into each of our buddies. My buddy Trudy and I were matched up so well! I am who she was 20 years ago and she is who I want to be in 20 years. We are MOTHERS! We are so much a like! I love to be around her. I am so blessed to have her in my life. The book we are holding is a book that our Dream Team recently put together. We had put it together for Doug when he was diagnosed. His book is full of letters to him. We all went back into the book and decided to write letters to each other and I just received my copy this week. Trudy and I loved sharing our favorite memories of Dream Team.

The Expo was great. This was an expo for traditional scrapbooking so some were confused and appalled at the thought of digital scrapbooking. Many were glad to see a new way of scrapbooking and are eager to learn more about scrapbooking. I went over to one booth that was selling scrapbooking T-shirts. There were some cute ones but I told the lady that she needed some about digital scrapbooking. She asked me if I had any suggestions for some sayings that could be printed. I said one that for sure needs to printed is "Digital Scrapbooking is not a CRIME!" Some looked at our booth like it was a crime!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Channon! I hope it wasn't all that bad. Digital scrapbooking certainly isn't a crime but all of my collecting scrapbook supplies that I never used but wanted to get to someday was LOL. I need to post a picture of all the boxes of craft stuff in my basement since we've moved and I don't have room for it but I have plenty of room in my small craft room for digital scrapbooking! I started a blog called www.digitalscrapooktutorials.com if you ever want to check it out. I hope you get some good leads from your show.

Anonymous said...

I have been scrapbooking digitally since 2002 and have come across a fair amount of skepticism when explaining digital to traditional scrapbookers.

I think the tide is beginning to shift and will continue to shift in the favor of digital. The most important need new digital scrapbookers have is someone to help them along the journey and you are doing that with your HM business.

Wish you lots of luck and happiness in your journey and work - inspiring others to record their memories is a precious privilege.