Friday, August 15, 2008

In Love With a Boy


I love this boy so much! I call him a boy and not a man because that is what he is and I love him for it. He is my boy because I robbed the cradle and he is three years younger than me. So when we got married he was only 20. As my mother said when I told her we wanted to get married, "but he is just a baby." Maelee thinks it is so wierd that he is younger. It is funny that at 6 she has a concept of age. When we were flying home from AZ, just me and the girs (scott did not make it this trip), there was a really nice woman helping us on the plane. Her and Maelee were talking and she started telling that woman that her mommy is very old. "My mom is 31. She is very old." The funnier part is what she said next, "and my dad is very young. He is only 22." I hushed her up really fast and explained to the woman that he really was not that young, younger than me, but not 22 years old. By then the woman was laughing and I think she was trying to figure out who to believe. Scott gives me hard time about my age. He laughs at the fact that I am in my 30's now. He will be there soon, and when I tell him that he reminds me that I will still be closer to 40 then he is. I am sure this will go in forever....we will be talking about it into our 50's and 60's and 70's and hopefully longer.


This week I emailed him my link to my blog. He had never seen it before. He is not home much these days so I figured this may be the best way for him to know what goes on around here. When I asked him if he read it he said, "I was supposed to read it?" He did let me know he atleast looked at the pics. But honey if you are reading this, I LOVE YOU and all of your boyish charm. (who wouldn't love a boy with lips like his)

3 comments:

specialK said...

OUCH!!!!!!
That REALLY hurts! youngin'
I just celebrated big 38 and my first born turned 16 yesterday! It doesn't stop there either....another teenager rocks into the house on 9-1 and sweet little Julie Janice Channon turns 9!!!!!
i refuse to get old!

Brian and Shara's beautiful family said...

thanks for your comment. I'm glad I have your blog now. By the way, congrats on the potty training! That's great that she is so aware at such a young age.

By the way, I have a secret too....I'm in love with a young boy too. Shhh....

The Hauser's said...

We watched a movie last night.. And there were two brothers.. one of the brother's said.. YOUR JUST A BIG TODDLER!!! He was trying to be mean.. it was funny.
Anyway.. Thats who Im in love with.. a big toddler! LOL