Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Maelee...Future Party Planner
















My little Maelee is the biggest social butterfly. She is the queen of the neighborhood and friends with everyone. She came to me last week and asked if she could have a party. She wanted to have it that very night. And she did not ask me until 6pm. She wanted to me to, in her own words, "do some cookin' in the backyard" I told her it was too late for something like that, but that she could have some friends over for some snacks and games in the backyard. She worked very hard and took chairs to the backyard, got out snacks, and gathered all the neighborhood kids. After only 15 minutes of being in the backyard she came in crying and said, "this is the most boring party EVER!" She was so sad. I told her that throwing a good party takes some planning. So she did some planning and threw another party last night. She did it all. She came up with the menu, games, costumes, goody bags, and invitations. The party happened last night and we all had a great time. She even put on music in the backyard and the kids danced and danced. (the soundtrack to this party was the Happy Feet Soundtrack Song #2 on CD, over and over and over for two hours straight.)

3 comments:

Sabra said...

Sounds like my kind of party!

Tina said...

It seems to me like the queen of the neighborhood is a *Current Party Planner....

Cute pictures!

London said...

I will know who to call next time I am planning a party.