Friday, January 9, 2009

Life is Precious

I wanted to write a little more tonight about those I love. Life is so precious. I know that death is part of Heavenly Father's plan. Life on earth is so precious. And I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for us all and the part of his plan is that families are eternal and we can all live together again forever. I am so grateful for my family. There has been a lot of news of death and illness in our family and with friends in the past two months. I wrote last month about the loss of my Grandmother. She lived a wonderful long life. While we were in Yuma for the funeral my Aunt Wendy had traveled from San Diego California to be with the family. She got ill while visiting and ended up in the hospital. I do not have all of the details, but she battled cancer two years ago. We have been fearful ever since of it coming back. She had surgery last month and during the surgery they discovered that the cancer did come back. They removed what they could find and we are all hopeful that they did. I want to let her know how much I love her. I know she reads my blog. She is still in the hospital, but I want her to know when she is released and reads this that I love her very much. She is so much fun. Her name is Wendy Lou. Maelee has always called her MyLou. So MyLou we love you.



Yesterday I wrote about my friend Natalie. I spent the day with her today. She is in a coma. but She is a fighter. When the doctors would poke and prod her she would tighten up and make a fist like she wanted to hit them. It is a really good sign. It was good to see the fight in her. She is in there. We just need her to wake up.

Among all of this tragedy that has taken place in my family and my community I did get some good news today. Periodically I have blogged about my friend Doug Cloward. He is the president and co-founder of Heritage Makers, but most importantly my friend. He has been battling Lymphoma for almost a year now. He just found out that he is cancer free. His white blood cell counts are completely normal. I am so happy for him and his family. This is truly a miracle!!!

Miracles happen. I know there are miracles that are going to happen for others. Aunt Wendy hang in there. And Natalie is going to continue to fight!!!!!! God is with us and hears and answers prayers.

1 comments:

PEHNelson said...

Channon - I too have a special YW in my life that I don't know what I would do if anything happened to her. I have had Natalie in my thoughts and prayers since you first posted about her accident. My prayers will continue for her and her family!