Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The Girl I Love To Hear Giggle

I wanted to give an update on Natalie. I know there are some readers of my blog that have never met her before, but were praying for her fast recovery. Your prayers were heard. She went home February 21st. A few weeks shy of two months after the accident. It is a miracle. I am writing about this now because I was so happy last night looking at her at YW's new beginnings. She walked in, perfectly healthy and looking cute. She walks without a walker. She is amazing! I have to tell you a little bit about Natalie......she has a hard time keeping serious. When there is a quiet moment or serious moment in the room the silence is usually broken by Natalie's laugh. Serious moments give her the giggles. I remembered four years ago planning a New Beginnings night and we asked Natalie to lead the music. Another YW that was helping us plan the event asked why we were going to ask Natalie to lead the music. She did not want Natalie to lead the music because Natalie can't make it through anything without giggling.....that YW was right. We did have Nat lead the music and she giggled the entire way through it. It is just who Nat is and what she does. Four years later and not much has changed. Last night as the music started we all got off to a rough start. We were singing accopella because we did not have piano player. Everyone started out on the wrong key and Nat starting to giggle. I was overcome by so much emotion as I heard her giggle. It was a giggle that just a few short months ago I was not sure we would hear again. It was the best sound I had heard in a very long time!!!!! I love that giggle. I love you Nat!!!!

1 comments:

Sabra said...

I remember laughing out loud in the celestial room the day I took out my endowments. Only me...And Nat!