Sunday, March 8, 2009

Delana's Talking


I have to blog these before I forget about them:

Delana has started to talk and she has a few words that she says over and over and they have their own meanings to Delana.

1. "Wash": wash means that she is thirsty and would like something to drink. She started saying this in December. I think she started because she only had one sippy cup. And anytime she wanted a drink I had to wash it out for her. So as she would be throwing a fit for a drink on the kitchen floor I would try to calm her down by saying, "calm down! I have to wash your cup out. Just a minute....I am washing as fast as a can." So now she asks for wash when she is thirsty. Even the little 2 year old I care for during the day asks for a wash now when she is thirsty. I had to explain to her mom what wash meant.

2. "Bye Bye's": Bye Byes means that she wants her pants and shoes on. Whenever she wants to go outside to play she brings me some clothes and says "want Bye Byes". We only get dressed some days if we are leaving the house. And if she sees me getting dress she says "bye byes?"

3. "hello": hello means telephone. She will carry my phone around and bring it to me and say "you hello?" and if the phone rings she runs and grabs it and brings it to me the entire time saying "mom, hello! mom, hello!" and if I try to take the phone away from her she will say, "my hello"

I love two year olds and their learning process and how they view the world.

2 comments:

Cyndi said...

I'm glad you told me about what "wash" means, or I wouldn't of had a clue on Saturday what she was talking about :) She was really cute with Lori. Lori was making funny sounds, and I asked Delana what Lori was talking about. Delana held up Lori's foot to her ear, and said hello (like her foot was a telephone) It was very cute :)

Tina said...

Very sweet :)

Our phone used to be called a "hello" too....a LONG time ago.