Monday, October 5, 2009

Living My Dream



Two years ago this month I stood in front of a group of 11 other wonderful dreamers and a fearless leader named Doug. I stated my dreams out loud. My dream was to be able to get out of the daycare business. Today is the first day of living my dream. I am officially out of the daycare business as of today. I am living the life I want, a creative and colorful life. (grandma Cathy, if you are reading this, don't worry, I still have your girls. They are family, not daycare.) I have loved all the children I have watched over the years. I really mean ALL of them! Delana and I are missing Benjaroo, she keeps asking where is Roo. And she did not want to go to the bus stop this morning without ROO. I am grateful that I was able to run a daycare in the home and be able to stay home with my children. But it was never a career choice for me. Heritage Makers and Photography is my choice. I have a passion for pictures and most importantly the stories behind them. Thank you to everyone who supports me in my passion. Most importantly my husband, my mother, my clients, and my dream team #10.


This is my baby ben I used to watch. I sure like taking and editing pictures of him much more than changing his diapers. I love him and am looking forward to hugging on him at church and hanging out with his family and loving him. We are missing him, but like I said, I don't miss the diapers. I was starting to regret my decision of quitting last week until I went to change his messy diaper and it was every where!! It was a blow out and while changing that diaper he peed on me. So like I said, much funer to edit in pictures then to change! love and miss you ben, but sure am loving my life today!!!!

2 comments:

Tina said...

I am so happy for you!! I did daycare in my home for some years, so I know what a commitment that is.

I hope things go really well for you:)

Deanna Payne said...

This is such inspiration to me. I am going to work my tail off to make my Heritage Makers business thrive! I don't want to do day care either.