Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Delana's First Haircut




Maelee gave Delana her first haircut. We had just gotten back from vacation. While visiting my mom she tried cutting Delana's bangs. I had to keep an eye on her and make sure she stayed away from her with those scissors. My mom is a BIG BANG person....litterally. She loves bangs and she loves them big! I remembered when she combed all of Maelee's hair forward and cut it all into bangs, and I did not want that for Delana. But my mom kept complaining about Delana's hair in her face for most of the trip. Maelee overheard our conversation. So one night last week Scott and I were laying in bed and Delana and Maelee were in our bathroom playing around.....I thought probably in my makeup. They were giggling and laughing like they always do. Then all of the sudden Maelee and Delana came out....I did not look at them but I remember Maelee saying, "okay we are going to bed. good night." She hurried off and she let me know that Delana would be sleeping in her room so that I did not have to put her in her crib. I went in to tuck them in and try to get Delana out of Maelee's room because I knew Maelee's plan of a sleep over with her sister would never work. So I when I picked up Delana I thought she looked different so I looked closer and She had big bangs and a mullet!!! I laughed and cried. I asked Maelee why and she told me because Grandma said we needed to see Delana's face better. So thank you Grandma. She alway gets her way!


Delana is wearing a dress that was originally owned by my big sister Cheryl.
This is three of my older siblings....Chuk, Christen, and Cheryl (I had a blast at my family's houses scanning and scanning. I got some really really great pics! I can't wait to go back and get more.)

2 comments:

Cyndi said...

That is so funny! Delena is so cute, even with a mullet! She looks really cute in that dress, very retro looking,especially with the new hair cut;)

Tina said...

Awesome that you have the pictures, AND the dress.

Cute "sister" story too...I'm sure your life will be filled with little stories like that! (Hopefully there will not always be a mullet involved.)