Friday, December 19, 2008

Happy Birthday to So Many People That I Miss and Love

I had wanted to start the tradition of blogging about people on their Bdays but so much passed right by me this month. Please forgive me.

First I want to wish a very very belated Bday to my Father in Law, Paul Zabel. His bday was almost a month ago, November 24th. He is a funny guy and loves Scott and our little family very much. We wished we got to see him more.


Mike (Scott's Bro), Scott and Paul their dad

Then next is my Mother In Law, Pattie. Her Birthday was December 8th. Even though I did not blog about her Bday on her Bday, I did not forget it at all. I can never forget her bday because it is the day after our anniversary. She showed up at our hotel with Scott's four siblings the morning after we got married. It was so funny and it was my first time meeting three of Scott's siblings. We got married on a Thursday and his mom and siblings were not going to come to our wedding in San Diego or reception in Arizona because it was close to Christmas time and we had planned to have a reception in Idaho later that month any ways, but at the very last minute, just a day or two before the wedding, they found amazing deals on tickets from Idaho to SD. They missed the day of the wedding but they arrived EARLY the next morning. We got a call early from them at the airport, "WE'RE HEAR!!!" We had a fun day together and took Pattie to Lunch for her bday and we all went shopping for the day before heading to Arizona to get ready for our reception on Saturday. She is such a wonderful lady. I love my Mother in law and I am very close to her. She is a woman who truely understands unconditional love. We don't get to see her hardly at all either. My dream is to fly her out here some time. She works hard and is unable to take time off of work and it has kept her from coming out to VA to visit, but we try to get back to Idaho as much as we can. Unfortunately our trip did not happen this year so it has been 18 months since we last saw her and the rest of Scott's family. We miss them all so much.



Two Girls on the 18th......Happy Bday Tiffany and Katie....Sisters born same day 13 years apart.

Tiffany is such a great niece. She is so cute. and I am amazed by her talents!!! She is a wonderful artist. She can paint and draw the most wonderful pieces of art. She is like her mother in that way. Then also I am so envious of her dedicatoin and skill on the drum and precussion instruments. I always wanted to grow up to be a drummer. I played on the snare drum for two years, then quit. I wanted to be a drummer like my Grandma Minerva. He would put on the best jazz music and play his drum set along with the music while my Grandma would dance with me. I loved it. It was so cool. My sister told me yesterday that Tiffany just started on set. So cool! She loves two things in life, hoodies and converse tennis shoes. She is living on an island rght now with her family and often refers to the island as "This Stupid Island." So now as a family that is what we refer to it as. I don't know why she calls it stupid though, I get jealous when I see a picture of the beach and palm trees. But I can imagine that for a teenager a small island with no mall and no movie theater would get old and "stupid"





Her little sister is Kaitlyn Noel...Katie is so funny. She is just a few months younger then my Delana. The two of them are so funny together. We are both a little nervous about this coming weekend in getting the two of them together. They are both two and very much in the two year old mode of not sharing and throwing tantrums. Delana loves to rub on Katies hair, Katie is not a big fan of it. Katie is my sister Christen's little doll. Katie lets her mom dress her up and enjoy having a girl. Tiffany never liked the dress up thing very much and is kind of a tom boy. My sister is very very girly and waited 13 years for another chance to have a girl to play dress up with. Katie does not seem to mind yet. She seems to enjoy it and is very danty. Happy Bday to the two Scofield girls. 15 and 2


Katie and Delana only a few months old, March 2007

0 comments: